For Queen Elizabeth, age truly is nothing but a number. See for yourself.
1. She still loves horse-racing.
A devoted equestrian throughout her life, the Queen also relishes her role as a spectator when it comes to horse racing, and continues to enjoy chatting with the jockeys after their rides. It’s such a favored activity, that she spent her 91st birthday at the Newbury Racecourse.
2. And she still rides horses, too.Even in her nineties, the Queen is not content to just sit on the sidelines when it comes to horses. She still goes for rides around her many properties, and was seen earlier this year at Windsor Castle.
3. She’s still doing meet-and-greets.She’s been on the throne for over 65 years, but meeting the Queen is still just as thrilling for her many subjects.
4. She’s interacting with wildlife.And this is one meal this elephant will never forget!
5. She’s still reviewing the troops.England’s men and women in uniform know that just because their monarch is in her nineties, she’s still the boss!
6. She’s still doling out awards.
Although she sometimes enlists Prince Charles and Prince William to hand out honors and awards to remarkable Britons (like Victoria Beckham, who received the Officer of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire this week), she still does the job herself from time to time.
7. She’s still carrying her own umbrella.
A little rain won’t get the Queen down!
8. She’s still trying new things.Like going to the grocery store, which she did for the first time last fall. And yes, she looked a bit out of place walking up and down the aisles!
9. She still rocks the crown.Like the true Queen she is.