Bachelor in Paradise contestant DeMario Jackson has been spotted in public for the first time since news broke Sunday that Warner Bros. has officially halted production on the show due to an investigation into allegations of misconduct on set.
PEOPLE sources previously confirmed production was suspended after a producer raised concerns about an alleged sexual encounter between Jackson and a female cast mate, both of whom had reportedly been drinking heavily all day. (Thus far, no legal action has been taken, and neither cast member has spoken out about what happened.)
Jackson, 30, who was working as an executive recruiter in Los Angeles before being cast on the franchise, was seen out and about grabbing Starbucks in the city on Tuesday. When asked by photographers about the allegations, Jackson largely had no comment, though he did thank fans of the show for their support and told the Daily Mail that his “side will be coming soon.”
“I have nothing to say,” he said in a video obtained by Entertainment Tonight. “Love you all, thank you for the support.”
RELATED VIDEO: Chris Harrison Speaks Out About Bachelor in Paradise Scandal — ‘There’s a Lot of Misinformation Out There’
“Let me start by saying the safety and care of the cast and crew of our show is of the utmost importance to us,” he said. “It is with this thought in mind that we made the decision to suspend filming. An investigation into the situation was started immediately. Warner Bros. is handling the details of that investigation. They’re moving quickly to gather all the facts, and once that’s done, a clear, concise decision can be made about where we go from here.”
“There are a lot of competing details in the various press accounts of the incident. And there’s a lot of misinformation out there too,” he added. “We urge everyone to be patient until the investigation is complete.”